Lumaktaw sa pangunahing content

‘Golden once again’: Sports world reacts as Canadian women take back gold

After four long years as reigning Olympic silver medallists, Canada has snatched back the gold medal in women’s hockey from the arch-rival United States.

Canada dominated the tournament from start to finish, outscoring its opponents 57-10. And when it came time to perform in the gold medal game, the stars stepped up.

Sarah Nurse scored for her record-breaking 18th point of the tournament, Anne-Renée Desbiens had a très bien performance between the pipes and, of course, Marie-Philip Poulin scored twice in a gold medal game — with one of them serving as the game-winner.

All of it just six months after the Canadian women’s soccer team won gold at the Tokyo Games.

The game may have wrapped up around 1:30 a.m. ET, but judging by the activity on Twitter you might’ve said it was prime time.

From new Canucks assistant general manager Emilie Castonguay to soccer legend Christian Sinclair, people across the country tuned in to witness history. Here’s some of the best reaction:



‘Golden once again’: Sports world reacts as Canadian women take back gold
Source: Healthy Lifestyle

Mga Komento

Mga sikat na post sa blog na ito

Leonen is backlog topnotcher

Supreme Court Associate Justice Marvic Mario Victor Leonen has racked up the top spots in his division and the court en banc in terms of pending cases. Marvic Leonen Documents from the court show that aside from 82 unresolved en banc cases, Leonen also has 899 pending cases in the Third Division as of March 31, 2020. The division’s Statistics on Judicial Pending Cases was signed by Division Clerk of Court Misael Domingo Battung erd. Leonen has 199 cases classified as “aging” and 700 “non-aging” cases in the Third Division which he heads. Non-aging cases are cases which are waiting for other pleadings to be submitted. Other members of the Third Division at that time when the statistics were made were Justices Alexander Gesmundo, Rosmari Carandang, Rodil Zalameda and Samuel Gaerlan. Leonen has been with the Supreme Court for eight years, having been appointed by President Benigno Aquino 3rd on Nov. 21, 2012. He turns 58 years old on December 29. He is the division’s m...

TikTok donates $300,000 for typhoon victims in PH

Over the course of two weeks, two devastating back to back typhoons hit the Philippines. On November 1st, Super Typhoon Rolly (Goni) the strongest typhoon ever recorded in recent history struck the southern region of the Philippines. An estimated two million Filipinos have been affected, many of whom lost their homes and livelihoods. Ten days later, Typhoon Ulysses (Vamco) swept through many of the same provinces previously devastated by Typhoon Rolly, including Metro Manila and parts of Central Luzon leaving widespread flooding and power outages. Many areas are still struggling to recover from the aftermath of these calamities. Homes and livelihood across various provinces were lost to floods, strong winds and rain. LGUs and other organizations continue to mobilize and provide assistance to all who were affected by these typhoons, but many are still in desperate need of help. In line with its mission to inspire creativity and bring joy, TikTok has pledged to donate $300,000 (approxi...

NHL exec Colin Campbell explains league’s schedule goals in Canada

NHL senior executive vice president Colin Campbell says the league would like to try to preserve as many full-capacity home games as possible for Canadian fans, but acknowledges other factors are at play in redoing the schedule during the current COVID-19 surge. “You’d like to give the fans the opportunity to go to as many games as they can. They’ve already been shortchanged in the last year and a half … shortchanged completely watching hockey here in Canada,” Campbell said in an interview on the Real Kyper and Bourne show on Sportsnet 590 The Fan on Friday. “It’s a rite of passage to watch the world juniors this time of year for all young kids. I remember growing up watching it. Now, it’s cancelled. We’re trying to save as much as we can and delay it.” The NHL postponed nine more games on Friday because of arena capacity issues in Canada — with teams being allowed anywhere from zero fans (Montreal Canadiens) to 50 per cent capacity (Calgary Flames, Edmonton Oilers, Vancouver Can...