Lumaktaw sa pangunahing content

Pag-IBIG home-loan releases up 6% in Dec

Home loans released by the Home Development Mutual Fund (Pag-IBIG Fund) reached a record P12.11 billion last month despite the impact of the Covid-19 crisis.

Eduardo del Rosario. PHOTO FROM PAG-IBIG FUND

In a recent statement, Pag-IBIG Fund said the amount was a 6-percent or P640-million increase from the P11.47 billion in December 2019.

Human Settlements Secretary Eduardo del Rosario called these releases “the highest [in] a single month in [the] Pag-IBIG Fund’s history,” and said that, as a result, “we were able to finance the acquisition of 12,275 homes for our members in December alone, which is also a record high.”

“Amid the challenges, Pag-IBIG has provided homes to more members during the pandemic, aiding in the government’s efforts, led by President [Rodrigo] Duterte, to keep Filipino families safe at home,” added the official, also the head of the 11-member Pag-IBIG Fund Board of Trustees.

For 2020, Pag-IBIG Fund released P63.75 billion in home loans, allowing 63,750 members to acquire their own homes. Of this amount, 11 percent, or P7.1 billion, were released as socialized home loans for 16,975 members belonging to the minimum-wage and low-income sectors.

Pag-IBIG Fund Chief Executive Officer Acmad Rizaldy Moti is optimistic these numbers would rise further as the country’s economy continues to open up.

“From September to December, our home-loan releases were close to pre-pandemic levels. We released more than P6 billion to P7 billion in home loans every month, reaching its peak in December, when releases reached over P12 billion,” Moti said.

Last year “may not have been record-breaking in terms of numbers, but it [offered] a story of grit and resiliency as we were able to bounce back quickly,” he added.

The agency had been poised to achieve another milestone for 2020 when the combined home-loan releases in January and February reached P12 billion, up 17 percent year-on-year. But these started to decline in the third month, when the government imposed strict community quarantine measures to curb the spread of Covid-19.

As a result, home-loan releases dipped to P3.8 billion in March and P883 million in April. But these started to pick up as early as May, when disbursements jumped to P1.2 billion and rose to P2.9 billion in June. Such releases continued to climb in the second half and already recovered by the end of the third quarter.

“Looking at the bigger picture, the improvement in numbers does not only mean increased homeownership among Filipinos. It also means that Pag-IBIG Fund is able to take part in ensuring the safety of our members and their families, especially during this time of a pandemic,” Moti said.

Pag-IBIG Fund approved a total of P84.53 billion in home loans to finance the acquisition of 80,748 homes last year. Of the amount, P20.78 billion represented approved home-loan applications pending for release, the proceeds of which are ready for disbursement once borrowers submit post-approval requirements.


Source: ManilaTimes

Mga Komento

Mga sikat na post sa blog na ito

Canadians Abroad Roundup: Will Laryea be next Canadian in Premier League?

January was a transformative month for the Canadian men’s national team. Wins in Honduras and at home to the U.S. – coupled with the El Salvador road victory on Feb. 2 – all but guaranteed its qualification for the 2022 World Cup. Fans could start monitoring flights to Doha with relative comfort. An arguably superior development transpired that month, too. Nine Canadian-eligible players secured loans or permanent transfers to new clubs in the transfer window. Many of those moves were steps up in terms of the quality and size of the respective teams. For instance, Stephen Eustaquio joined Porto on loan with an option to buy from Pacos de Ferreira. Now he’s transitioned from mid-table obscurity to a league title and into the Champions League, provided reports are correct and he joins the Dragoes permanently. Ike Ugbo was loaned to Troyes in Ligue 1 from Genk, an admittedly big club in Belgium with a rich history. But moving to a top-five European league, especially to a club under t...

In anticipated season debut, Kyrie Irving scores 22 as Nets beat Pacers

NEW YORK — Kyrie Irving was just the jolt the Brooklyn Nets needed to escape a midseason slump. He can only provide it on a part-time basis, as his refusal to get vaccinated against the coronavirus means he can’t play in New York. So for now, Irving will enjoy every chance he gets on the road _ while still holding out hope he’ll be able to put on a show for his own fans. “I know what the consequences were, I still know what they are,” Irving said Wednesday night. “But right now, I’m just going to take it one day at a time, like I said, and just enjoy this time that I get to play with my guys. “However it looks later in the season, then we’ll address it then.” Irving scored 22 points in his first game of the season, helping the Nets rally for a 129-121 road victory over the Indiana Pacers. After being held out of the team’s first 35 games because he refused to get vaccinated, Irving started and played 32 minutes in his highly anticipated season debut. “The game of basketball i...

Duterte allows more pork imports

President Rodrigo Duterte has allowed additional pork imports to boost the supply and stabilize meat prices, a Palace official said on Thursday. President Rodrigo Duterte. Contributed photo According to Cabinet Secretary Karlo Alexei Nograles, the President approved during a Cabinet meeting on Wednesday the recommendation of the Department of Agriculture (DA) to increase the Minimum Access Volume (MAV) of pork imports for this year. He said the present MAV was 54,210 metric tons, but the DA projected that the annual demand for pork supply will reach 1,618,355 mt. “The DA has recommended that the MAV must be expanded just enough to cover the projected shortfall for the year,” Nograles said during a virtual press briefing. The MAV sets the limit on agricultural imports that have a customs duty lower than the out-quota customs tariff. Nograles said Duterte approved this proposal, along with the creation of a sub-task group on economic intelligence “to go after smugglers, profiteer...