Lumaktaw sa pangunahing content

TikTok donates $300,000 for typhoon victims in PH

Over the course of two weeks, two devastating back to back typhoons hit the Philippines. On November 1st, Super Typhoon Rolly (Goni) the strongest typhoon ever recorded in recent history struck the southern region of the Philippines. An estimated two million Filipinos have been affected, many of whom lost their homes and livelihoods. Ten days later, Typhoon Ulysses (Vamco) swept through many of the same provinces previously devastated by Typhoon Rolly, including Metro Manila and parts of Central Luzon leaving widespread flooding and power outages.

Many areas are still struggling to recover from the aftermath of these calamities. Homes and livelihood across various provinces were lost to floods, strong winds and rain. LGUs and other organizations continue to mobilize and provide assistance to all who were affected by these typhoons, but many are still in desperate need of help.

In line with its mission to inspire creativity and bring joy, TikTok has pledged to donate $300,000 (approximately P15M) to support typhoon relief and rehabilitation efforts. $150,000 has been allocated to the Philippine Red Cross for their onground mobilization efforts providing hot meals and other urgent necessities in affected communities.

On Saturday, November 28 at 7:00pm, TikTok hosted the #TikTokTogetherPH virtual live fundraisingconcert featuring The Itchyworms, Mayonnaise, Kyline Alcantara, Rico Blanco, and Ella Cruz among otherguest artists and local creators, joining one another on the app to help Filipinos in need. Proceeds from the virtual event will be turned over to partner organizations, with TikTok supplementing funds raised up to $150,000.

TikTok is available for download on Google Play and the App Store.


Source: ManilaTimes

Mga Komento

Mga sikat na post sa blog na ito

Canadians Abroad Roundup: Will Laryea be next Canadian in Premier League?

January was a transformative month for the Canadian men’s national team. Wins in Honduras and at home to the U.S. – coupled with the El Salvador road victory on Feb. 2 – all but guaranteed its qualification for the 2022 World Cup. Fans could start monitoring flights to Doha with relative comfort. An arguably superior development transpired that month, too. Nine Canadian-eligible players secured loans or permanent transfers to new clubs in the transfer window. Many of those moves were steps up in terms of the quality and size of the respective teams. For instance, Stephen Eustaquio joined Porto on loan with an option to buy from Pacos de Ferreira. Now he’s transitioned from mid-table obscurity to a league title and into the Champions League, provided reports are correct and he joins the Dragoes permanently. Ike Ugbo was loaned to Troyes in Ligue 1 from Genk, an admittedly big club in Belgium with a rich history. But moving to a top-five European league, especially to a club under t...

Duterte allows more pork imports

President Rodrigo Duterte has allowed additional pork imports to boost the supply and stabilize meat prices, a Palace official said on Thursday. President Rodrigo Duterte. Contributed photo According to Cabinet Secretary Karlo Alexei Nograles, the President approved during a Cabinet meeting on Wednesday the recommendation of the Department of Agriculture (DA) to increase the Minimum Access Volume (MAV) of pork imports for this year. He said the present MAV was 54,210 metric tons, but the DA projected that the annual demand for pork supply will reach 1,618,355 mt. “The DA has recommended that the MAV must be expanded just enough to cover the projected shortfall for the year,” Nograles said during a virtual press briefing. The MAV sets the limit on agricultural imports that have a customs duty lower than the out-quota customs tariff. Nograles said Duterte approved this proposal, along with the creation of a sub-task group on economic intelligence “to go after smugglers, profiteer...

The National Museum – in step with the ‘new normal’

Even as vaccines begin to make their way around the world, museums and galleries are most likely among the industries which will be last to make a complete return to operations. Here in the Philippines to be specific, museums and galleries, along with cultural centers and libraries, are considered non-essentials and can only open under Modified Enhanced Community Quarantine (MGCQ), with corresponding rules on safety. The National Museum The National Museum The National Museum The National Museum The National Museum The National Museum The National Museum The National Museum It has therefore been quite a while since the National Museum of the Philippines complex in Manila saw long queues of guests, which of course has been very disheartening for the community. But just like the rest of the nation, the vanguards of the country’s precious arts and artifacts proved to be resilient, resourceful and innovative as they quickly built and steeled an online presence through...